Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In blogger, can I move posts to another blog all at once?

I want to copy and paste all my posts from one blog to a new blog that I have made. A "site feed" is not what I'm looking for.
In blogger, can I move posts to another blog all at once?
Yep. It can be done. I needed to do this myself today and stumbled on both your question and the solution. Here's how:





1. Go to draft.blogger.com. It's a new blog editor the Blogger folks are preparing. Not many people know about it yet, but now you're one of them. (see the url I provided below for details about it.)


2. Go to the dashboard and select the settings link for the blog you want to export from.


3. Select export to save an "xml" file with all your post info.


4. Go back to the dashboard and select the blog you want to import to.


5. Select the settings link for that blog.


6. Import the blog.


7. If you choose to automatically publish everything, you should be all set. If you don't select to publish everything you can edit the list of posts at the new blog and publish what you want.





You can choose to use the "draft" editor as your default editor, which is what I did, or you can just use it for the import/export and go back to the normal blogger.com site as before.





I have used the import and export feature and it works.
family name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive